Upcoming training courses and availability with NowCounselling
Thinking about some personal development and self care for you or your team or organisation? Or some learning and development and CPD?
We currently have a variety of courses available, not only for counselors or people that use counselling skills in their role (including healthcare staff, teachers and managers) but for absolutely any team, organisation or person. NowCounselling courses provide knowledge and understanding and relevent skills to apply to your life and/or work or studies, or any challenge that you have ahead.
- 1 day introduction to Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management for practitioners or for self care.
- 3 day Basic Intensive workshop in Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management (this is 3 days CPD and also the first of 5 steps towards qualification as a Reality Therapy practitioner if people choose to take it forwards)
- 1 day course on understanding the impact of trauma and working with clients in a trauma informed manner
- 1 day introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing (also available as separate half days)
- 1 day introduction to group work skills and training facilitation (similar to the courses called something like 'train the trainer').
- 1 or half day course on alcohol awareness and working with clients who identify as having a problem with alcohol
- 1 or half day course on drug awareness and working with clients who identify as having a problem with drug(s)
- 1 day course - Working with others effectively as part of a team
- 1 day course - Developing yourself as a leader (with a small or capital L)
I can also develop a bespoke course to suit the needs of your team, group or you, including motivational talks and team development days.
You tell me what you need and I will write it and deliver it!
All courses are designed, written and developed by me:
My background? I am an experienced Counsellor and counselling skills practitioner in one to one and group environments with further experience as a Outreach Worker, Outreach Co-ordinator and Outreach Development Manager in a career spanning just under 20 years. As well as counselling qualifications and a degree, I am an SQA Assessor and SQA Verifier. I am also a member of the teaching faculty with the UK and European Associations for Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management. I have delivered presentations and training around Britain and in Malta and Finland and worked collaboratively with colleagues in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, France, Finland, Australia and the USA including being part of the EART health and wellbeing development committee.
NowCounselling provide services including counselling, coaching, mentoring, supervision and training development and delivery for £45 per hour. Costs for other services including tuition and supervision as part of the accredited Choice Theory qualification programme and presentations at events and conferences vary - please see website and/or ask for more details.
Feel free to get in touch for a conversation should you have any questions or wish for further information.
You can also keep up to date with news, views and developments on twitter @NowCounselling