Basic Intensive Training in Choice Theory, Reality Therapy & Lead Management plus other courses available with NowCounselling
I very much enjoyed facilitating a Basic Intensive Training course in Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management for a group of counsellors in Edinburgh recently at the St Mungo's Ministry Centre.
We began by exploring the components of the psycholgical model of Choice Theory - perception, Basic Needs, wants (Quality World) and Total Behaviour - before discussing how they combine to form a dynamic and simultaneously occurring behavioural system.
We then spent time exploring how this psychology can inform practice as a counsellor (Reality Therapy) and improve relationships as a manager, teacher, coach and also as family member or friend (Lead Management).
The group successfully completed the 3 day course which, as well as being a valuable self care and continuous professional development experience, is the first of 5 steps towards becoming a qualified Reality Therapy practitioner.
For further information on doing a course like this or to book a place with NowCounselling, we look forward to hearing from you.
We also offer coaching, mentoring and psychologically informed one to one and group supervision for self care or CPD and our current courses list is below:
- 1 day introduction to Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management for practitioners or for self care.
- 3 day Basic Intensive workshop in Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management (this is 3 days CPD and also the first of 5 steps towards qualification as a Reality Therapy practitioner if people choose to take it forwards)
- Choice Theory, Reality Therapy and Lead Management basic and advanced practicum (steps towards qualification)
- 1 day course - Choice Theory in the classroom
- 1 day course - Choice Theory in the workplace
- 1 day course - The impact of trauma and working with clients in a trauma informed manner
- 1 or half day - Introduction to counselling skills and the Person Centred approach
- 1 day - Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing (also available as separate half days)
- 1 day - Introduction to Solution Focused Brief Therapy and some other cognitive behavioural methods
- 1 day - Introduction to group work skills and training facilitation (similar to the courses called something like 'train the trainer').
- 1 or half day course - Alcohol awareness and working with clients with problems with alcohol
- 1 or half day course - Drug awareness and working with clients with problems with drugs
- 1 day course - Experiential learning and other different learning styles
- 1 day course - Working with others effectively as part of a team
- 1 day course - Developing yourself as a leader (with a small or capital L)
- 1 or half day course - Self care for you
- 1 day course - Self care for you and skills to use when supporting others
We can also develop a bespoke course to suit the needs of your team, group or you, including motivational talks and team development days.